All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the vastly different outcomes of post-Soviet regime transitions, this study explores why some societies have become more democratic and some have t. Based on in-depth comparative analyses, the book assesses political developments in six of Russia's regions (Saratov, Nizhnii Novgorod, Volgograd, Ryazan', Ul'yavsk, and Tver' oblasts) since 1988.
- Author BiographyVladimir Gel'man is associate professor, faculty of political sciences and sociology, European University at St. Petersburg. Sergei Ryzhenkov is deputy head of the Center for Modern Politics Studies, Moscow. Michael Brie is head of the foreign department of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, Berlin. Vladimir Avdonin is professor at the Center for European Politics and Law, Ryazan' State Pedagogical University. Boris Ovchinnikov is a leading expert at the International Institute for Humanities and Political Studies, Moscow. Igor Semenov is an independent political analyst and consultant in Saratov.
- Author(s)Boris Ovchinnikov,Michael Brie,Sergei Ryzhenkov,Vladimir Avdonin,Vladimir Gel'man
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/05/2003
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleSoviet Bloc and After
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.