All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is common kwledge that artists of all kinds often make preparatory sketches before they create a work, but in fact this is only one of the ways in which artists are required to draw. Makers across all disciplines draw in some form or ather, but often for diverse reasons, and using very different methods. Informed by interviews with artists across a broad range of disciplines, and often with special access to their sketchbooks and studios, Kyra Cane explores the many ways in which artists use drawing to inform, inspire and create their work. She describes how makers draw to record source material, as a form of planning, to develop surface decoration and three-dimensional forms, as a way of thinking about and reflecting on their work, and how they use new techlogy. Lavishly illustrated and thoughtfully constructed, Making and Drawing sheds new light on contemporary artists' practice. It is an essential read for visual arts students, artists who want to use drawing differently or explore its potential in their practice, and anyone who wants to kw more about the secret stories behind the creation of these works.
- Author BiographyKyra Cane was leader of the Harrow Ceramics degree course at the University of Westminster from 2000 to 2009, and has been a lecturer in drawing and ceramics since 1986. She has been an external validator for the Royal College of Art, external examiner for Glasgow School of Art and held the post of Chair of the National Association of Ceramics in Higher Education. She is a successful potter based at the Harley Foundation in Nottinghamshire, a selected member of Contemporary Applied Arts and a Fellow of the Craft Potters Association of Great Britain.
- Author(s)Kyra Cane
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/12/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note160 colour illus
- Weight1063 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.