All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionMaking the most of Indigeus Trees is undoubtedly the most significant, useful and practical book ever to be published on this subject in South Africa.This third and revised edition contains 22 more tree species. The 163 tree species are alphabetically arranged according to the botanical name, illustrated with more than 850 photographs in full colour and discussed in detail.The following information is provided: An introduction section on tree propagation by seed, cuttings and truncheons. A detailed species description, diagstic features, natural distribution and habitat. The ecological role and utilisation by mammals, birds and insects. Ecomic value and use by people, including use in gardens and on the farm, as a source of food for humans and animals, fibre and medicine. Properties of the wood and its utilisation by people. Specific guidelines on propagation and cultivation of each species. A map indicating the distribution of each species. More than 850 carefully selected colour photographs complement and illustrate the text.
- Author BiographyFanie Venter holds a M.Sc. and Ph.D. in plant systematics. He is the author of numerous scientific and popular publications and co-authored several books on human geography, ethno botany and tree flora. He is currently a botanical and environmental consultant in the Western Pacific and Australia. Julye-Ann Venter has had a keen interest in plants and their cultivation from an early age. She is a qualified horticulturist. Currently she and husband Fanie live in tropical North Queensland, Australia, where she has started up a nursery specialising in the growing and hybridising of Clivia.
- Author(s)Fanie Venter,Julye-Ann Venter
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- Place of PublicationArcadia
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Content NoteFull colour illustrations
- Weight920 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Photographs byPitta Joffe
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.