Making the Most of the Web in Your Classroom: A Teacher's Guide to Blogs, Podcasts, Wikis, Pages and Sites by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is divided into two sections. The first provides a background for teachers regarding what World Wide Web is, a brief history of the Web, using the Web with Students, and the research behind Web use in the classroom. This section is t an exhaustive coverage of these topics. Rather, it is meant solely to familiarize teachers with the Web. The second section of the book takes a more detailed approach. It is a step-by-step process guiding teachers through the design, development, and implementation process of the Web for use in the classroom. This process includes how to evaluate Web projects, how to manage Web projects, and how to integrate Web projects into the curriculum. Teachers will learn how to design Web sites and will be able to guide their students similarly through this process to develop student - created Web projects.
- Author BiographyTimothy D. Green holds a Ph.D. in Instructional Systems Technology and Curriculum and Instruction from Indiana University. He is co-author of Multimedia Projects in the Classroom: A Guide to Development and Evaluation (Corwin Press) and the author of PowerPoint Made Very Easy! (Scholastic). He has taught fourth grade and junior high school. His expertise is in multimedia design, the integration of technology into the teaching and learning process, and pedagogy. He is an assistant professor at California Sate University, Fullerton in the department of Elementary and Bilingual Education. Currently, he is the university's Director of Distance Education. Abbie H. Brown holds a Ph.D. in Instructional Systems Technology from Indiana University and an MA from Teachers College at Columbia University. He is currently an associate professor at California State University, Fullerton in the department of Elementary and Bilingual Education. He is co-author of Multimedia Projects in the Classroom: A Guide to Development and Evaluation (Corwin Press), and a contributing author to Teaching Strategies: A Guide to Effective Instruction (Houghton Mifflin). He has taught at the Bank Street School for Children in New York City and George Washington Middle School in Ridgewood, New Jersey. He has received awards for outstanding teaching and curriculum design from the New Jersey Department of Education and is an experienced computer-based instructional media producer. LeAnne Robinson is an Assistant Professor at Western Washington University on a joint appointment between the Program in Instructional Technology and Department of Special Education. She is a former elementary and special education teacher and holds a Ph.D. in Education from Washington State University. LeAnne's work has appeared in such journals as Teaching Exceptional Children, the International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Education, and, Voices in the Middle.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight398 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byAbbie H. Brown,LeAnne K. Robinson,Timothy D. Green
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.