All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking the News provides a cross-national perspective on key features of journalism and news-making cultures and the changing media landscape in contemporary Europe. . Focusing on the key trends, practices and issues in contemporary journalism and news cultures, Paschal Preston maps the major contours of change as well as the broader industrial, organizational, institutional and cultural factors shaping journalism practices over the past two decades. Moving beyond the tendency to focus on journalism trends and newsmaking practices within a single country, Making the News draws on unique, cross-national research examining current journalism practices and related newsmaking cultures in eleven West, Central and East European countries, including in-depth interviews with almost 100 senior journalists and subsequent workshop discussions with other interest groups Making the News links reviews and discussions of the existing literature to original research engaging with the views and experiences of journalists working at the 'coal face' of contemporary newsmaking practices, to provide an original study and useful student text.
- Author BiographyPaschal Preston is Head of the School of Communication and founder of the Communication, Technology and Culture (COMTEC) research unit, Dublin City University. Previous publications include Reshaping Communication: Technology, Information and Social Change (2001) and Democracy and Communication in the New Europe: Change and Continuity in East and West (1995).
- Author(s)Pascal Preston
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.