All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBradt's Malawi by Africa expert Philip Briggs is the only standalone practical guide to 'Africa's best kept secret' and offers detailed, comprehensive information to suit the needs of every wanderer. This fully revised and updated 7th edition offers extensive practical information, all the latest cultural and political developments, plus a 19-chapter, in-depth breakdown and coverage of the country to cater for all interests and budgets. Malawi is increasingly covered in the media as a holiday destination and this guide reflects its position as an up-and-coming destination for bird watchers, safari enthusiasts, trekkers, beach seekers, kayakers, rock climbers, scuba divers, families, and backpackers alike. As 'the Warm Heart of Africa', Malawi is ted for the welcoming, friendly demeaur and colourful culture of its people which makes a 'Big 5' safari in Majete Wildlife Reserve and kayaking the palm-fringed Likoma Island magnificent foottes to a Malawian adventure. From trekking the rugged, rural wilderness of Mount Mulanje to relaxing at Lake Malawi's beachside luxury resorts, Malawi is the textbook destination for those seeking an exotic African experience without the crowds.
- Author BiographyPhilip Briggs is the world's foremost travel writer specialising in Africa. Born in the UK and raised in South Africa, he first backpacked between Nairobi and Cape Town in 1986 and has been travelling the highways and byways of Africa ever since. Published in 1991, his Bradt guide to South Africa was the first such guidebook to be published internationally after the release of Nelson Mandela. Over the rest of the 1990s, he wrote a series of pioneering Bradt guides to destinations that were then - and in some cases still are - otherwise practically uncharted by the travel publishing industry. These included the first dedicated guidebooks to Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, Ghana and Rwanda (co-authored with Janice Booth). Philip has visited more than two dozen African countries in total and written about most of them, whether it be for guidebook publishers or for specialist travel and wildlife magazines including Africa Birds & Birding, Africa Geographic, BBC Wildlife, Travel Africa and Wanderlust.
- Author(s)Philip Briggs
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight363 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $59.15
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $25.89
- AU $27.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.53
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.74
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $23.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.