All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the New York Times betselling author of Queen of Hearts comes ather mystery for fans of P.G. Wodehouse looking for laughs mingled with some amateur sleuthing. ( Publishers Weekly )Lady Georgiana Ranch won t deny that being thirty-fifth in line for the British throne has its advantages. Unfortunately, money isn t one of them. And sometimes making ends meet requires her to investigate a little royal wrongdoing. While my beau Darcy is off on a mysterious mission, I am once again caught between my high birth and empty purse. I am therefore relieved to receive a new assignment from the Queen especially one that includes lodging. The King s youngest son, George, is to wed Princess Marina of Greece, and I shall be her companion at the supposedly haunted Kensington Palace. My duties are simple: help Marina acclimate to English life, show her the best of London and, above all, dispel any rumors about George s libertine history. Perhaps that last bit isn t so simple. George is kwn for his many affairs with women as well as men including the great songwriter Noel Coward. But things truly get complicated when I search the Palace for a supposed ghost only to encounter an actual dead person: a society beauty said to have been one of Prince George s mistresses. Nothing spoils a royal wedding more than murder, and the Queen wants the whole matter hushed. But as the investigation unfolds and Darcy, as always, turns up in the most unlikely of places the investigation brings us precariously close to the prince himself.
- Author BiographyRhys Bowen, a New York Times bestselling author, has been nominated for every major award in mystery writing, including the Edgar(r), and has won many, including both the Agatha and Anthony awards. She is also the author of the Molly Murphy Mysteries, set in turn-of-the-century New York, and the Constable Evans Mysteries, set in Wales. She was born in England and now divides her time between Northern California and Arizona.
- Author(s)Rhys Bowen
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleRoyal Spyness Mystery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Weight522 g
- Width147 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $16.42
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.