All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn its centenary year of 1862, the Maling factory was producing 90 per cent of the jam jars used in England and Scotland. Thousands more were exported and they became synymous with Rington's tea and Keillers marmalade, other uniquely British companies. With the aid of over 50 illustrations, this book traces the development of Maling and other Tyneside potteries and explores the makers' marks. A thoroughly detailed and perfect introduction to the different designs created, Maling and Other Tyneside Pottery provides the opportunity to marvel at the beauty of such craftsmanship.
- Author BiographyR. C. Bell was born in 1917 in Sudbury, Ontario, and came to England in 1928. He qualified MB BS (London) in 1941. He became a plastic surgeon but is now retired. He has a large collection of old games and has written five books in the Shire 'Discovering' series, including Discovering Old Board Games.
- Author(s)R.C. Bell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/06/1986
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume Number170
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.