All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMalorie Blackman is one of the most successful and prolific children's authors writing today. Made Children's Laureate for 2013-15, her books, such as Noughts and Crosses, Double Cross and Knife Edge, are loved by kids and adults alike. Malorie's influence extends far beyond the literary world, however. She has used her position to speak out against racism, and to campaign for greater ethnic diversity in children's books and children's publishing. Discover the story behind this incredible writer - from her struggles as a child facing racism in 1960s London, through her parents' divorce and her misdiagsis of Sickle-Cell Anaemia, to the globally rewned author she is today. It focuses on Malorie's love of reading, and how she tries to foster that in children today. It also looks at how she pursued her dream of becoming a writer with determination and courage, in the face of people who told her she would never amount to anything. Biographical information, and Malorie Blackman quotes, support the narrative. A fantastic resource for biography based project work!
- Author BiographySarah is an experienced author and editor of children's books.
- Author(s)Sarah Eason
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleReal-Life Stories
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Wayland
- Weight114 g
- Width167 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.