All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionMalsnes 1 is an early post-glacial site dating to c.9500 BP, amd located at the outlet of the Bardu Malselv river system in Troms county, rth of the Arctic circle, in rthern Norway. It was discovered in 1998 and several years of meticulous excavation followed. This book reports on the results of the excavations. Detailed information on the lithic artefacts - their raw materials and typology - is presented along with an analysis and interpretation of their spatial arrangements. The ecomy, seasonality, and several models for the settlement pattern are examined and followed by a discussion of the pioneering settlement within its wider cultural and Scandinavian and rthern European context. This book provides the reader with unprecedented information and is a very useful companion for all those interested in Scandinavian Stone Age archaeology in general and rthern Fenscandia and Norway in particular.
- Author BiographyBy H P Blankholm
- Author(s)H. P. Blankholm
- PublisherOxbow Books
- Date of Publication12/12/2008
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxbow Books
- Content Note76 b/w illus, 21 tabs
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.