All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1997, Malt Whisky has been published in six languages and continues to be a key reference on the subject of Scottish malt whisky. This brand new, fully revised edition is produced in a smaller format to allow the whisky enthusiast to carry it as a portable companion for reference when buying, tasting or visiting distilleries. Full-colour maps locate the distilleries, while over 150 photographs capture the essence of the spirit and how it is made. Charles MacLean describes how to appreciate and get the most out of tasting malt whisky, and a detailed A-Z directory features all of Scotland's key distilleries and their whiskies with full-colour labels. MacLean also includes tips on buying malt whisky, as well as a guide to distillery visitor facilities and the best whisky societies and websites. This book offers all the informaion any malt lover could ever need to appreciate this magical spirit to the full.
- Author BiographyScotland's leading whisky writer Charles MacLean was founding editor of Whisky Magazine and of the Russian Whisky, and was for many years Contributing Editor of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society's Newsletter (where he also chairs the Nosing Panel and writes the tasting notes). He contributes frequently to magazines around the world and is Whisky Correspondent to Scottish Field. He is Whisky Consultant to Bonhams Auctioneers, and is also the host of a TV channel (accessed via the internet) dedicated to the world of whisky, www.singlemalt.TV. He is a member of the Judging Panel (Spirits) of the International Wines & Spirits Competition, and was made a Keeper of the Quaich in 1992 and elevated to Master of the Quaich in October 2009 - the whisky industry's highest accolade. MacLean has published ten books on the subject, including Scotch Whisky, Malt Whisky, Whisky: A Liquid History, Whisky Tales, Eyewitness Companion to Whisky, World Whiskies and Whiskypedia.
- Author(s)Charles Maclean
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication04/04/2011
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Out-of-print date05/04/2013
- Content Notec150 colour photographs and illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width159 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.