Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionSome ten years. have passed since the publication of the first edition of Malting and Brewing Science, a period of many changes. As before, this edition is an aid to teaching, particularly the MSc course in Brewing Science at Birmingham University, but it is also aimed at the requirements of other students of the science of malting and brewing throughout the world. In general, techlogical aspects are covered more fully in this new edition, although t malting and brewing practices that are exclusive to Britain. Nevertheless, the amount of techlogical information available is too great to be comprehensively covered iln one book. Scientific principles and infor- mation receive more attention, but for details of analytical procedures reference should be made to the most recently published material of the Ameri- can Society of Brewing Chemists, the European Brewery Convention and the Institute of Brewing. The new edition appears as two volumes because a single one would be inconveniently bulky. The first volume outlines the entire process and leads from barley, malting and water to the production of sweet wort. In the second volume there are chapters on hops and hop products, production of hopped wort, fermentation,yeast biology and all aspects of beer qualities and treatment. Decisions about the units of measurement proved difficult; metric units commonly used in the Industry are given and in parentheses are equivalents in degrees Fahrenheit, Imperial measures and UK barrels. Considerable information on equivalents is given in a special section in each volume.
- Author(s)D. E. Briggs,J.S. Hough,R. Stevens,T.W. Young
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight819 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.