All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionA robot mom would be fun to have. It would never make you clean your room or eat your vegetables. It would do whatever you wanted it to, even your homework. But does a robot mom kw how to cuddle you like your real mom? Could a robot mom give you hugs and kisses just like Mom does? Mama Robot is a testament to mothers around the world as a young boy discovers what motherhood is really about, and what makes his mama so special.
- Author BiographyDavide Cali began his career in 1994 as a cartoon writer for the Italian magazine Linus. He began writing children s books in 2000, and since then he has published twenty books for children; the first four of which he illustrated himself. His book Piano Piano received a 2006 Bologna Ragazzi Special Award and the Switzerland Enfantaisies Prize. He is also the coauthor of I Can t Wait, winner of the 2005 Baobob Prize. Cali has received the Belgium Libbylit Award, and France s SNCF award. His books have been published in France, Italy, and Austria, and translations of his books have been published in eighteen countries. Cali lives in Genoa, Italy. AnnaLaura Cantone is the award-winning illustrator of over thirty books. A graduate of the Istituto Europeo di Design in Milan, she has been twice selected to participate in the annual Bologna Book Fair illustration competition, held in Italy. Cantone has been published in Switzerland, France, and the United States. She lives with her husband in Milan, Italy. Marcel Danesi has a PhD in Italian linguistics, and taught Italian for twenty-five years at the University of Toronto, where he is now the director of the Semiotics and Communication Theory program and a professor of anthropology, specializing in youth culture. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada in 1999. Danesi is published extensively in English and Italian. He lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Davide Cali
- PublisherTundra Books (NY)
- Date of Publication12/02/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTundra Books (NY)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width297 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anna-Laura Cantone
- Translated byDirector of the Program in Semiotics and Communication Theory Marcel Danesi
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.