Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionMama Root: Tales From the Old Woman of Loop Road centers around the life of a strange and exceptionally old woman living off a very real venue called Loop Road deep in the Big Cypress Swamp of South Florida. In the course of this beldam's 146 years she has run afoul of shape shifters, hired killers and demonic wraiths inhabiting her dreams. She has told of murderous spinning wheels and horses returned from the dead. She has kwn material gain and devastating loss, joy and despair, ruby love and the flint of hate. So find a comfortable chair, get yourself a glass of sweet tea with a sprig of mint, and immerse yourself in the life of this amazing woman. Oh, and if it's dark... ...you may want to keep a light on.
- Author BiographyI've written since middle school which, considering my age, means I've been writing the better part of my life. It has only been in the past ten or so years that I have pursued the craft of writing with a greater degree of intensity. I have written poetry, prose, novellas, short stories, and articles. I have written pieces that have made people laugh, and pieces that have made others cry. I don't limit myself to one genre; this is not for any philosophical reason - it's just that I'm interested in a great many things, which is reflected in my writing. Photography has been an important element of my life for over thirty-five years. I use a digital camera, the current coin of the realm for the photographic art, but have in the past used 35 millimeter (SLR and rangefinder), medium format, folding plate cameras (including my all time favorite, a 1928 Zeiss-Ikon Donata) and several pinhole cameras of my own construct. Pinhole photography is still my favorite, even though I haven't done it in some time. There is something raw and perfect about this most ancient of photographic techniques that carries with it a certain allure. My other interests include performing on and building Native American style flutes (check my calendar for upcoming performances), Taoism, motorcycles (between bikes right now), mathematics, origami, soap making, designing Celtic knots, building pentatonically tuned wind chimes, and anything else that catches my eye. I've had some people refer to me as a 'Renaissance man'. That sounds a bit pretentious to me, so I'll just cop to something Albert Einstein said about himself: I have no particular talent. I am merely extremely inquisitive.
- Author(s)Phil Penne
- Date of Publication16/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.