All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionNew archaeological material and research underpins this extensive, detailed and beautifully illustrated account of the famous Mamluk Askars who are credited with finally defeating and expelling the Crusaders, halting the Mongol invasion of the Islamic Middle East, and facing down Tamerlane. Probably the ultimate professional soldiers of the medieval period they were supposedly recruited as adolescent slaves, though recent research has begun to undermine this oversimplified interpretation of what has been called the Mamluk phemen .
- Author BiographyDavid Nicolle, born in 1944, worked in the BBC's Arabic service for a number of years before gaining an MA from the School of Oriental and African Studies, London, and a doctorate from Edinburgh University. He has written numerous books and articles on medieval and Islamic warfare, and has been a prolific author of Osprey titles for many years. Peter Dennis was born in 1950. Inspired by contemporary magazines such as Look and Learn he studied illustration at Liverpool Art College. Peter has since contributed to hundreds of books, predominantly on historical subjects, including many Osprey titles.
- Author(s)David Nicolle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWarrior
- Series Part/Volume Number173
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note58 col
- Weight219 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Dennis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.