All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFrom river otters and minks to bobcats, pikas, and flying squirrels, California boasts a diverse and intriguing fauna. But many of these animals can be secretive, shy, and cturnal and observing them in the wild can be difficult. During the past two decades, the first edition of this popular guide introduced thousands to California's mammals by describing techniques for recognizing their presence, and when possible, methods for watching them in their natural habitats. Mammals of California is w completely revised and updated throughout, making it an ideal companion in the field or classroom. It includes 144 line drawings, 143 range maps, and 18 illustrated color plates. It gives valuable overviews of mammal evolution, biology and anatomy, natural history, and conservation. It features an expanded and updated section on diseases harbored by wild mammals that can affect humans - including Lyme disease and Hanta virus.
- Author BiographyE.W. Jameson, Jr., is Professor Emeritus of Zoology at the University of California, Davis, and author of Vertebrate Reproduction (1988) and Patterns of Vertebrate Biology (1981). Hans J. Peeters is Professor Emeritus of Biology and Zoology at Chabot College. His illustrations have appeared in Birds of North America (1997) as well as in several other bird guides, and he is author and illustrator of the forthcoming title Raptors of California (2005).
- Author(s)E. W. Jameson,Hans J. Peeters
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2004
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleCalifornia Natural History Guides
- Series Part/Volume Number66
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note18 illustrated color plates, 145 line illustrations, 133 maps, 3 tables
- Weight467 g
- Width114 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Series Edited byPhyllis M. Faber,Bruce M. Pavlik
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.