All listings for this product
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $31.99Trending at AU $61.66
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $64.78
- AU $31.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $51.09Trending at AU $81.59
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $71.59
- AU $32.05Trending at AU $42.54
About this product
- Product InformationThe Man From Snowy River: Kirk Douglas delivers an outstanding performance in this legendary western adventure set in the great Australian outback. An ambitious rancher (Douglas) sets his sights on the hills of the awesome Snowy River country. Buried somewhere in that pristine wilderness, protected by treacherous terrain and bands of wild, stampeding horses, is a fortune in unmined gold. Before the rancher can stake his claim, however, his world is turned upside down when a cowboy steals his daughter's heart and uncovers a secret in those hills more precious than any treasure.The Man From Snowy River 2: In this sequel to The Man From Snowy River, a frontiersman returns to the Australian highlands after a three-year absence to claim the girl he left behind. He soon discovers he has made an enemy in her father and a rival in an arrogant banker's son.After spending some time away from his hometown, Jim Craig, the original man from Snowy River, returns to find his lady love forced into an unwanted engagement by her overbearing father. Once again, Jim has to prove his mettle to win the girl.
- TitleMan From Snowy River 01 & 02
- Product Release Date05/08/2004
- Theatrical Release Year1982
- Number of Discs2
- Primary GenreAction/Adventure
- Sub GenreAustralian
- Additional DataBoxset
Most relevant reviews
- dmac406609 Apr, 2015by
great movies and australian content
My Wife and I are fans of snowy river movies and when we saw them advertised for sale we bought both movies. we have watched them both and were not disappointed, enjoyed them thoroughly.
- freida198419 Jan, 2015by
very disappointed, was a Christmas gift for my son. The movie does not play. When placed in 3 different players, say's "not right region", "video in the PAL broadcast not supported", & "player not supported"
- c40757873d3a7ba...08 Apr, 2014by
Iconic, historic drama filmed in the most beautiful scenery in Australia.
Iconic Australian drama. One of Australia's poet/writer Banjo Patterson bought to life. I have always loved the old stories of men living in an unforgiving terrain, The Snowy Mountains. The history of the Brumbies, when men were men and worked hard for what they have. Even though I am a huge fan, I still feel the second installment was in someway a let down. You cannot compare these movies to any other...they're unique.
- 123-hopesprings03 Apr, 2014by
Good story line and wonderful scenery, a bit soppy but worth watching ONCE.
Great opportunity for people who missed these films at the cinemas etc. Part One is great (although horse people will notice the obvious mistakes that are used for film continuity) and Part Two is a disappointment, mainly due to the absence of Kirk Douglas - a superb actor -and his unbelievable replacement by Brain Denehay. Worth buying and and watching due to eBay's bargain prices but not sure if I'd be happy paying full retail cost for this box set.