All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.54
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning American velist Nicole Krauss first captivated readers with her groundbreaking debut vel Man Walks into a Room, a vel in which Krauss explores what it is to lose one's identity and what it is to discover what makes us human. Samson Greene has been missing for eight days when he is discovered wandering through the Nevada desert, 'ragged as a crow' and with idea who he is. He is rushed to hospital where doctors save his life, but all his memories after the age of twelve have been permanently lost. Now, as he looks around the beautiful apartment he apparently shares with his wife and which is filed with all the souvenirs of a life well lived, Samson feels thing more than a vague admiration. In her first vel Nicole Krauss tells the story of a man suddenly liberated from the life he has made, disconnected from the people who have defined him. Withdrawing from a wife he has memory of loving, Samson plunges weightless into the future. But when he agrees to participate in a revolutionary experiment, what he experiences a revelation of what it means to be human. 'Krauss celebrates the anything-but-simple art of human connection' San Francisco Chronicle 'You'll savour the last page - and be hungry for future work from this talented author' The Washington Post Book World Nicole Krauss is an American bestselling author who has received international critical acclaim for her first three vels: Great House (shortlisted for the Orange Prize for Fiction 2011), The History of Love (Shortlisted for the Orange Prize for Fiction 2006 and winner of the 2006 Prix du Meilleur Livre Etranger) and Man Walks into a Room all of which are available in Penguin paperback.
- Author BiographyNicole Krauss was born in New York in 1974. This is her first novel, which was shortlisted for the Los Angeles Times Best Book Award. Her second novel, The History of Love, was shortlisted for the Orange Prize for Fiction. She lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Nicole Krauss
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.