All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would entice a dedicated and dependable family man to abandon a promising career to go and hunt for a mythical beast? Aeronautical engineer Tim Dinsdale did exactly that and is widely credited with igniting the world's fascination with the phemen kwn as the Loch Ness monster. Adventure was t unkwn to Tim. He spent his early childhood in Imperial China, survived being kidnapped by pirates, and trained in South Africa for the RAF during World War Two. Then, in the late 1950s he stumbled across an article about an elusive beast living in the murky waters of Loch Ness in rthern Scotland, and his innate curiosity was sparked. Characteristic of a true engineer, he carefully analysed over 100 sighting reports before organising his first visit to the loch. What he found there changed his life forever; Tim filmed a large, animate object swimming in the waters of Loch Ness. Over the following twenty-seven years Tim undertook fifty-seven Nessie hunting expeditions, along the way meeting a cast of colourful characters. His work with many serious explores and scientists yielded some exciting results, which culminated in a scientific symposium at the House of Commons in London, its purpose to gain acceptance of Nessie as a living entity and therefore be given a level of protection. Ultimately the attempt failed. Tim's dedication to unravelling the Loch Ness riddle is captivating, his reasoning for finding the truth for truth's sake compelling. His life ended before he was able to solve the mystery that held him in its thrall, but his film continues to intrigue monster seekers and researchers around the world.
- Author BiographyAngus Dinsdale has monster hunting in his blood. Born the very day his father presented his famous film to the British nation on the BBC programme Panorama, Angus grew up in a household where searching for the Loch Ness monsters was his father's full-time - and perfectly acceptable - occupation. Subsequently Angus's childhood was full of adventures as he took part in many monster-hunting expeditions to Scotland. He developed a love for the outdoors , sports and travel, interests which have taken him all over the world, turning his two key passions of skiing and rowing into adventures all of their own. He now lives in Vancouver Canada where he has found the inspiration to write, surrounded as he is by majestic mountains, elemental wilderness, and stunning lakes - which might even have a Nessie of their own.
- Author(s)Angus Dinsdale
- PublisherHancock House Publishers Ltd ,Canada
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Place of PublicationBlaine
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHancock House Publishers Ltd ,Canada
- Content Note4 illus & 80 colour photos
- Weight352 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.