Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second story to feature Bobby, the Down's Syndrome football enthusiast, and his big sister Charlie. This time they are off to summer camp. Also with them is Paul, a boy who hides underneath a furry parka and will t speak. Bobby instantly decides that the two of them are best friends, and as he is potty about football, he tries to play it with him as much as possible. Charlie is being a responsible older sister and keeping a watch on Bobby, which is demanding eugh, but she also has a challenge of her own. One of the planned camp activities is a relay race over water, and she is very scared of water. But thanks to the wonderful positivity that Bobby exudes all round him, Charlie beats her demons, Bobby plays football whether it's planned or t, and Paul? Well, Bobby gets him talking! He makes him Man of the Match!
- Author BiographySophie Smiley (Author) Sophie Smiley was born in a Dominican monastery near Cambridge - she says she had a very happy childhood surrounded by Fra Angelicos and Ethopian priests.She now teaches English and is also a staff member of Forest School Camps, working with both the able and those with learning difficulties. She is married and has two children. They all live in Cambridge.Michael Foreman (Illustrator) Michael Foreman is one of the most talented and popular creators of children's books today. He has won the Kate Greenaway Medal twice and has been the UK nominee for the Hans Christian Andersen Award twice. His highly acclaimed books are published all over the world. He is married and has three sons. He divides his time between St Ives in Cornwall and London.
- Author(s)Sophie Smiley
- PublisherAndersen Press Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2005
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBobby and Charlton Stories
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndersen Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michael Foreman
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.