All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs this the right book for me? Using the proven techniques of cognitive behavioural therapy, this book will show you how to manage your anxiety, in whatever form it appears, from phobias to panic attacks and general anxiety disorder. You will receive support for understanding with and coping with different types of anxiety, using CBT to manage your symptoms and alleviate much of your distress. You will also learn how to be more resilient and accepting of all your thoughts, fears and emotions, and discover new, healthier ways of thinking that will free you from anxiety. Manage Anxiety through CBT includes: Chapter 1: Understanding the 'ABCDEs' of Rational-Emotive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (RECBT) Chapter 2: Understanding anxiety and its healthy alternative, concern Chapter 3: How you make yourself disturbed about anxiety Chapter 4: How to manage anxiety: general principles and strategies Chapter 5: How to manage performance-related anxiety Chapter 6: How to manage social anxiety Chapter 7: How to manage health anxiety Chapter 8: How to manage anxiety about losing self-control Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features: Not got much time? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. Author insights Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. Test yourself Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. Extend your kwledge Extra online articles to give you a richer understanding of the subject. Five things to remember Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts. Try this Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographyWindy Dryden (London, UK) is Professor of Psychotherapeutic Studies at Goldsmiths College, University of London. He is a leading authority on Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy and CBT, and is renowned for his extensive writings on these and counselling-related areas, being author or editor of over 150 books for students and general readers.
- Author(s)Windy Dryden
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication24/06/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleTeach Yourself - General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Noteill
- Weight194 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.