Manage it as a Business: How to Achieve Alignment and Add Value to the Company by Bennet P. Lientz, Lee Larssen (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany IT projects fail to deliver the benefits to the business that were promised. Yet IT managers and staff work hard to meet the needs of the business: Systems are put in place; network operations are reliable and stable. The cause is usually a misalignment of IT with the business. In this book, Bennet Lientz and Lee Larssen present over 200 specific, practical guidelines and steps that show how to: align IT and the business, develop methods that make IT more proactive in helping the business, more effectively manage vendors, avoid negative surprises, ensure that more projects are completed on time and within budget, among other things. The techniques in this book have been implemented in over 60 organizations around the world and in over 20 different industries, and the authors include several examples in each chapter to illustrate their points. Follow these proven recommendations to manage IT as a business that adds value to the company.
- Author BiographyBennet Lientz has taught and consulted on project management for the past 28 years to more than 5000 people. He developed the concept of the management critical path, acted as project manager of the Internet, and turned around 10 failing projects. This Second Edition is Lientz' seventh book; he has also written more than 25 articles in various areas of project management. Lee Larssen has served as a business and IT manager and consultant for the past twenty-five years. She has extensive hands-on experience in the following areas: * Business process outsourcing for manufacturing, distribution, marketing, and logistics * Strategic planning for business units in manufacturing and distribution * IT outsourcing in the areas of systems operations, networking, system development, software package implementation, and systems support * IT management- managed groups of up to 150 employees * Coordinated the implementation of three major ERP systems * Implemented E-Business with suppliers for seven organizations * Developed and implemented score card measurements for IT and business processes * Management process improvement efforts for over a ten year period Education: * B.A., fine arts, Massachusetts Institute of Fine Arts, 1962 * M.A., mathematics, Oxford University, 1968 Positions Held: * Consultant in process improvement and IT to over forty firms in Asia, Latin America, Australia, and Europe in the following industries, 1999-present - Manufacturing - Distribution - Logistics - Marketing - Power generation and distribution - Banking - Insurance - Natural resource development * Served as project management for implementing modules of SAP and Peoplesoft in five firms * Manager, Operations, Toyota Automotive Group, 1979- 1999 * Consultant as IT manager to firms, 1974-1979 - Graphic arts - Sports management - Distribution - Marketing
- Author(s)Bennet P. Lientz,Lee Larssen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.