All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvocative new management principles and practices that create effective organizations for shareholders and society Management experts Lawler and Worley have developed a set of management principles that enable organizations to be both successful and responsible. Existing command & control and high-involvement management styles depend too much on stable conditions and focus too narrowly on ecomic outcomes. They convincingly argue that we need to reset our approach to management to one that fits today's demanding business environment. Starting with a change in how success is measured and a more realistic view of risk, Lawler and Worley take us through how strategy, governance, organization structure and talent should be managed. The result is an organization that can reliable produce financial, social, and ecological results. * Includes illustrative lessons from Microsoft, Cisco, Netflix, DaVita, Starbucks, Nokia, and the U.S. Secret Service * Offers clear prescriptions for managers who want to organize for sustainable performance effectiveness * Lawler and Worley are the authors of the bestselling Built to Change Lawler and Worley outline why and how the current practice of management must change in order for organizations to achieve sustained organizational effectiveness.
- Author BiographyEdward E. Lawler III is the Director of the Center for Effective Organizations at University of Southern California and Distinguished Professor of Business in Marshall School of Business at University of Southern California. He is the author or coauthor of numerous books including Treat People Right!, From the Ground Up, Organizing for High Performance, Rewarding Excellence, The Ultimate Advantage, and Talent, all from Jossey-Bass. Christopher G. Worley is a Senior Research Scientist at the Center for Effective Organizations at University of Southern California, and Professor of Management at Pepperdine University's Graziadio School of Business and Management. He has authored five editions of Organization Development and Change, the largest-selling textbook in OD, and numerous articles on organization design. Lawler and Worley are the coauthors of Built to Change from Jossey-Bass.
- Author(s)Christopher G. Worley,Edward E. Lawler,III
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2011
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight554 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.