All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManagement Science provides a comprehensive, accessible overview of the subject, incorporating a broad set of approaches and tools. The authors explore both 'soft' and 'hard' methodologies and highlight conceptual aspects rather than the mathematics of the techniques or computer methods. The book is therefore suitable for students and readers with a wide range of mathematical abilities at both the undergraduate and MBA level. The book bases management science within a clear systems thinking framework. Ideas and concepts are demonstrated with real-life examples and case studies. Readers are shown how decision making over time, under uncertainty, and subject to constraints, multiple objectives, and value and perception conflicts can be modelled, all within this system thinking framework. The second edition of Management Science offers: * an emphasis on problem formulation, indicating how management science and operational research techniques fit into the wider problem-solving process * revised chapters on queuing, simulation, and problem structuring methods * updated coverage of forecasting, linear and integer programming * new sections on the role of management science consultants * improved pedagogy, navigation and design * up-to-date coverage of software * real-world case studies, encouraging the reader to apply the concepts studied Comprehensive student and lecturer resources are available at www.palgrave.com/business/daellenbach2.
- Author BiographyHANS DAELLENBACH worked for several years as an operations researcher for Standard Oil of California after gaining his PhD. He taught at the Universities of California and Washington before joining the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand, where he introduced Operations Research as a separate discipline. He launched the Canterbury MBA Program more than twenty-five years ago, and served as its first director. DONALD McNICKLE is a senior lecturer in the Department of Management at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. SHANE DYE is a senior lecturer in Management Science at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Donald McNickle,Hans G. Daellenbach,Shane Dye
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2004
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteSome tables and figures
- Weight1146 g
- Width187 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.