All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Operational Research / Management Science profession is growing in strength worldwide. Management Science in Practice contains four similarly sized parts. Part 1 defines the field of Management Science, lays the foundations and gives an overview of the history. Part 2 describes the analysis toolbox used by the MS professional and contains topics such as Multi-Methodology, problem structuring techniques and analysis techniques. Part 3 looks at the key practical skills that OR graduates lack. Part 4 gives a brief overview of the current state of the OR profession. It outlines the current kwledge about the reflective practitioner to give guidance to the OR practitioner. It also looks at the ethics in an OR context and the future for the profession. Terry Williams is well kwn in the OR field and is currently a joint Editor of the Journal of the Operational Research Society. He is a fellow of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA), fellow of the OR Society, a chartered Mathematician and a certified Project Management Professional.
- Author BiographyTerry Williams is Professor of Management at Southampton University. He has over 25 years experience in the Management Science/Operational Research field. He is a frequent conference speaker, and has published widely in many academic and professional journals and books.
- Author(s)Terry Williams
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight506 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.