Management and Gender: Issues and Attitudes by Margaret Foegen Karsten (Hardback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $123.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $193.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKarsten provides comprehensive, interdisciplinary treatment of gender-related issues and their impact on management. This book combines theoretical information about women's workplace roles, tokenism and power, typically found in Women's Studies literature, with information on topics such as career planning, mentoring, and networking, more commonly discussed in business-oriented books dealing with the progress of executive women. Experiences unique to women of color are incorporated, as are sex-role stereotypes and socialization processes that have affected both females and males. A style of management consistent with an organic structure is presented first along with a discussion of the changing nature of managerial work. A historical overview of women's contributions to management theory is a unique feature of the book. Equal employment opportunity laws and regulations are covered thoroughly and sexual harassment is addressed, from the viewpoints of both the organization and those affected by this serious workplace problem. Management of workforce diversity, seen as essential for organizations that wish to fully develop all human talent to remain competitive globally, is discussed next. Among other topics explored are assertiveness, balancing career and family or personal life, and women's roles in international management. Case studies, adapted from actual events, also are included. This book is an important resource for business executives and students who wish to gain a better understanding of current gender-related challenges facing organizations.
- Author BiographyMARGARET FOEGEN KARSTEN is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Business Administration at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. She has had case studies published in Applications in Personnel/Human Resource Management: Cases, Exercises, and Skill Builders and in Cases and Exercises in Personnel/Human Resource Management. Her articles dealing with extracurricular activities as predictors of later business success for women and men have appeared in the Central State Business Review.
- Author(s)Margaret Foegen Karsten
- Date of Publication19/11/1993
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.