All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnimal agriculture is a major industry in the United States and around the world. Like all major industries, animal operations generate a significant amount of waste by-products, by-products which represent serious potential environmental pollutants. This work is an attempt to help those concerned with animal waste management-agricultural ecomists and policy-makers, environmental and public health officers, farmers, and so on-deal with this critical issue by addressing the problems generated by animal waste within a comprehensive management approach. As animal production worldwide has taken on the characteristics of an industrial operation, the implications of large quantities of waste-disposal and/or refuse-must be analyzed in environmental, ecomic, and public health terms. This work provides such an analysis.
- Author BiographyAMER EL-AHRAF is Executive Vice President and Professor of Environmental Quality and Health at California State University, Dominguez Hills, and is the founding editor of California Journal of Environmental Health. He is the past president of the National Environmental Health Association, founding chairman of International Forum of the Environmental Health Faculty, and recipient of the two most prestigious awards in the field, the 1992 Mangold Award and the 1993 Snyder Award. WILLIAM V. WILLIS is Professor of Analytical Chemistry at California State University, Fullerton, where he teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in analytical and environmental chemistry. His research interests include the development of chemical methods for pollutant analysis, and he has received many grants and contracts for environmental analysis and chemical research.
- Author(s)Amer El-Ahraf,William V. Willis
- Date of Publication14/03/1996
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight468 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.