All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis extensively illustrated book aims to systematize the selection of treatment options in patients with parotid tumors that extend beyond the borders of the parotid tissue and therefore present particular problems for the surgeon. Reconstruction of the postoperative defect is especially difficult in such cases because of the complexity and density of the anatomical structures in the lateral region of the head and neck and also the general condition of most patients, who tend to be elderly and to have accompanying disorders. The difficulty in the management of extended parotid tumors is increased by the need to sacrifice the facial nerve, even if only partially. The book provides clear criteria to assist in the choice of treatment, from the simplest options involving use of local flaps to the most sophisticated ones. It will assist the surgeon in ensuring that the patient achieves the best possible quality of life, matter what the patient's age or the associated comorbidities.
- Author BiographyVictor-Vlad Costan gained his MD from the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Gr. T. Popa , Iasi, Romania and subsequently acquired a degree in dental medicine (DMD) from the same university. He also obtained a Masters degree from The Claude Bernard University, Lyon in Experimental and Clinical Microsurgery and was awarded his PhD (magna cum laude) by the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Gr. T. Popa in 2007 for a thesis on the value of temporoparietal fasciocutaneous flaps in reconstruction of cutaneous defects in the oral and maxillofacial region. He has been an Associate Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Dental Medicine, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Gr. T. Popa since 2003 and was appointed a Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2009. Dr. Costan is a member of the European Association of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery and the International Association of Oral and Maxillo-Facial Surgeons. He has published almost 30 articles in national and international journals.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 108 colour illustrations, 8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight695 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byVictor-Vlad Costan
- Contained items statementContains Book and DVD
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.