All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents state of the art kwledge regarding the pathophysiology and diagsis of fecal incontinence and describes and illustrates all relevant treatment techniques. In addition to the approaches that have been the mainstay of treatment of fecal incontinence to date, it covers recent invations and emerging options, including neurostimulation, pioneering techniques exploiting the potential of stem cells, biofeedback training, reconstructive surgery, and advances in biomedical engineering applicable to replacement surgery. Fecal incontinence is a common, socially debilitating disorder of multifactorial etiology that poses many management challenges. This book will assist all relevant medical specialists, including surgeons, neurologists, gastroenterologists, urogynecologists, and other clinicians, in achieving correct and timely diagsis and delivering effective therapy that reflects the ongoing revolution in treatment.
- Author BiographyMassimo Mongardini is professor of Surgery at the Sapienza University of Rome. He graduated and specialized at the same university, and, after his PhD, he became ATLS surgeon (Advanced Trauma Life Support) following the program of the American College of Surgeons. He has performed over 5,000 surgical procedures in emergency and elective surgery with large series of colon, rectum and pelvic floor reconstruction. He is author of more than 140 papers in indexed national and international journals, of many training surgical techniques films, as well as coauthor of a Surgery textbook for university students. Prof. Mongardini has been organizer and teacher in numerous training scholarship (including CME courses) and scientific events of regional and national level. He is an expert of informatics applied to medicine: he has created several databases and digital archives in the medical field, with a special focus on the surgical area. He has a good experience of digital networking. Manuel Giofre is a General Surgeon at the University Policlinic of Rome Umberto I . Since the beginning of his professional history, his research focus has been on perineology and particularly on the physiopathology, diagnosis and therapy of fecal incontinence. He is co-author of various papers on this topic and he participated in numerous conferences on coloproctology.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication10/10/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 76 colour illustrations, 150 colour tables, biography
- Weight533 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byManuel Giofre,Massimo Mongardini
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.