All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting an integrated and holistic perspective on invation management and product design and development, this mograph offers a unique and original understanding of how these two perspectives are interconnected. This book explores these themes in a scientifically rigorous manner, associating academic findings with examples from business. It provides readers with the conceptual and decision-making tools required to understand and manage the process of invation at different levels, from the analysis of industry-wide phemena to the formulation of a strategy and from the planning of operations to the management of technical choices. Chapters cover invation as an ecomic and social phemen, the formulation of invation strategy, the management of product development processes and projects and the technical design of products and services. Offering an invaluable resource to postgraduate students in ecomics, business and engineering, this book is also intended for managers and entrepreneurs.
- Author BiographyMarco Cantamessa is a professor of Management of Innovation and Product Development at the Department of Management and Production Engineering of Politecnico di Torino. He has had a number of lecturing appointments at other European universities and business schools such as EPFL, SIMT, ESCP. He has authored or co-authored more than one hundred scientific papers, of which several have appeared in international refereed journals. A founding member of The Design Society, where he currently serves on the Advisory Board, he is also member of INFORMS, PDMA and SMS. He is a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Engineering Design and has served on the Scientific Boards of a number of international conferences. Since 2008 he is President and CEO of I3P, one of the leading European university incubators. Since 2014 he is President of PNICube, the Italian association of university incubators. Francesca Montagna, Ph.D, is assistant professor at Politecnico di Torino where she teaches Management of Innovation and Product Development at the Department of Management and Production Engineering of Politecnico di Torino. She teaches also at MBA programs of other universities (e.g. LUISS in Rome) and actively collaborates in educational programs for managers, entrepreneurs and policy makers. Research topics range from Management of Innovation, Engineering Design and Decision Making. These themes are deepened through innovation projects in the private and public sector. She is member of Design Society, has authored or co-authored diverse academic papers and usually serves as reviewer on international conferences and academic journals such as RED or IJPR. Often she is expert evaluator of funding project proposals at national and international level.
- Author(s)Francesca Montagna,Marco Cantamessa
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations, 113 colour illustrations, 16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight754 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Online resource
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.