All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume in the Routledge Global Human Resource Management Series is dedicated to analyzing the process of trust development between managers and subordinates in different countries of the main cultures of the world. Behaviors and trust are linked in a process that can reinforce or diminish the trust between the two parties. This book examines that process in an array of countries, contextualizing each setting through a brief historical, institutional, and cultural overview. Addressing the dominant HR practices and the main local leadership styles of each country, it draws upon an extensive country-by-country data set of leader-subordinate trust to analyze the universal and culturally-specific elements of this process. With its rigorous research, insightful analysis, and consistent presentation, this book will help readers to systematically compare the process across countries to draw conclusions and analyze HR implications. This book is intended as a text for graduate courses in Cross Cultural Business, International Human Resource Management and Cross Cultural Organisational Psychology. In addition to a student market, the text will also be of interest to the reflective practitioner operating in different cultural settings who requires a contextual kwledge of key aspects of workplace relations, management style and host country situation.
- Author BiographyPablo Cardona is Professor of the Department of Managing People in Organisations at IESE Business School in Barcelona, Spain. He has a Ph.D. in management from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA and an MBA from IESE. Michael J. Morley is Professor of Management at the Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick, Ireland. He has served as Head of the Department of Personnel & Employment Relations, Head of the Department of Management & Marketing, Assistant Dean of Research and Director of the School's Graduate Centre of Business.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleGlobal HRM
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note35 black & white tables, 17 black & white line drawings
- Weight748 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byMichael J. Morley,Pablo Cardona
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.