Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionAll too often people who are successful in their jobs are promoted to management without an appropriate level of support. They are often unaware of the implications of managing a team and their need to develop new skills to lead and inspire people to do their best work. Instead, many merely focus on getting the job done . The significant missing element is that which involves people . Managers typically understand the task-related aspect of the work and underestimate the importance of the human element. This is the area that really counts in leadership. It is t only new managers who must pay attention to this vital element.This book seeks to address the widespread needs of managers in the quest for success in their leadership.You will learn:An insightful look into building confidence and developing your own leadership styleLearn how to effectively communicate and overcome common communication barriersDevelop key skills for building relationships, providing constructive feedback and coaching othersCustomer review: Good managers are usually also good leaders, O'Neil tells us, but matter how good they might be there would be few who couldn't learn something from this little pearl of a book. In fact, there would be few people who couldn't. O'Neil has captured the essence of what true leadership is all about and she's managed to explain it very clearly in n-preachy prose in less than a hundred pages. This is a very special little book. FEATURES:taking on the role of manager/leaderstyles of management and leadershipcommunication and listeningrelationship buildingpower and influenceculture and valuesmotivation and engagementperformance managementcoaching, delegating and development.Oxford University Press Australia & New Zealand is the n-exclusive distributor of this title.
- Author(s)Abi O'Neill
- PublisherCCH Australia Limited
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCCH Australia Limited
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width156 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.