All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy illustrating how effective managers apply ecomic theory and techniques to solve real-world problems, MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS 13E helps future business leaders learn to think analytically and make better decisions. As always, the seasoned author team balances a solid foundation of traditional microecomic theory with extensive exploration of the latest analytical tools in managerial ecomics, such as game-theoretic tactics, information ecomics, and organizational architecture. This new edition is concise, comprehensive, and current with cutting-edge coverage of important management topics relevant to today's students, including an exciting focus on green business and environmentally friendly practices and products. Available with InfoTrac (R) Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Author BiographyFrederick H. deB. Harris (Rick) is the John B. McKinnon Professor of Economics and Finance at the Schools of Business, Wake Forest University. Professor Harris holds a 1981 Ph.D. from the University of Virginia and a Dartmouth College A.B. in Economics. His specialties are pricing tactics and capacity planning in product markets as well as price discovery in financial markets and security market design. He has taught integrative managerial economics Core courses and elective B.A., B.S., M.S., M.B.A., and Ph.D. courses at Wake Forest, the University of Texas, and William and Mary, as well as several universities in France, Italy, Germany, and Australia. Professor Harris has won two school-wide Educator of the Year awards and two Researcher of the Year awards. Other recognitions include Outstanding Faculty (Inc., 1998 and 2001), Outstanding Faculty (Business Week's Guide to the Best Business Schools, 1997-2004), Board of Associate Editors (Journal of Industrial Economics, 1988-2003), and the Runner-up Prize (European Corporate Governance Institute, 2007). Numerous publications have appeared in the leading journals in Economics, Finance, and Operations such as the REVIEW OF ECONOMICS AND STATISTICS, THE JOURNAL OF FINANCIAL AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS, JOURNAL OF FINANCIAL MARKETS, and THE JOURNAL OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT. He also writes with practitioners in the JOURNAL OF TRADING from Institutional Investor Inc. and in the INFORMS's JOURNAL OF REVENUE AND PRICING MANAGEMENT. James R. McGuigan owns and operates his own numismatic investment firm. Prior to this business, he was Associate Professor of Finance and Business Economics in the School of Business Administration at Wayne State University. He also taught at the University of Pittsburgh and Point Park College. McGuigan received his undergraduate degree from Carnegie-Mellon University; MBA at the Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago and his PhD from the University of Pittsburgh. In addition to his interests in economics, he has coauthored books on financial management. R. Charles Moyer earned his BA in Economics from Howard University and his MBA and PhD in Finance and Managerial Economics from the University of Pittsburgh. Professor Moyer is Dean Emeritus of the College of Business at the University of Louisville, and Professor of Finance and Entrepreneurship. He is Dean Emeritus and former holder of the GMAC Insurance Chair in Finance at the Babcock Graduate School of Management, Wake Forest University. Previously, he was Professor of Finance and Chairman of the Department of Finance at Texas Tech University. Professor Moyer also has taught at the University of Houston, Lehigh University, and the University of New Mexico and spent a year at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland. Professor Moyer has taught extensively abroad in Germany, France, and Russia. In addition to this text, Moyer has coauthored two other financial management texts. He has been published in many leading journals including FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, JOURNAL OF FINANCIAL AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS, JOURNAL OF FINANCE, FINANCIAL REVIEW, JOURNAL OF FINANCIAL RESEARCH, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FORECASTING, JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS, STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT JOURNAL and JOURNAL OF INDUSTRIAL ORGANIZATION. Professor Moyer has been a member of the Board of Directors of King Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and is on the board of Capital South Partners, the Kentucky Seed Capital Fund, and Summit Biosciences.
- Author(s)Frederick Harris,James R. McGuigan,R. Moyer
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Out-of-print date11/05/2017
- Weight1525 g
- Width210 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement13th edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.