Managers, Can You Hear Me Now?: Hard- Hitting Lessons on How to Get Real Results by Frank Swiatek, Denny F. Strigl (Hardback, 2011)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe former head of Verizon is talking. Can you afford t to hear what he has to say? This is an essential read for every manager's, or aspiring manager's, success for one simple reason: it is all authentic and it works . (Ivan G. Seidenberg, CEO, Verizon (from the Foreword)). Even though Denny was a fierce competitor, I couldn't help but admire him for his strong track record of performance, his -nsense approach, and his honesty and integrity . (Dan Hesse, CEO, Sprint Nextel). Denny Strigl is one of the most consummate competitors I have ever kwn! That's saying a lot considering the 14 years I played in the National Football League. I have been a front-row observer of his business acumen at Verizon for the past 7 years as the president and CEO of CTIA - The Wireless Association. In this book, in typical Strigl manner, Denny pulls punches! Managers, Can You Hear Me Now? is a straightforward and honest look at priorities and decision making in today's fast-paced world as told by t just a survivor but a success in this competitive world . (Steve Largent, President and CEO of CTIA-The Wireless Association, former U.S. Congressman, and former NFL player). A must-read for managers at every level in companies large and small. A road map for management success written in quintessential Denny Strigl style - clear, concise, and direct . (James E. Rohr, Chairman and CEO, PNC Financial Services Group). This book brims with refreshing candor and common sense about what it takes to become a manager who delivers results . (Antonio M. Perez, Chairman and CEO, Eastman Kodak Company). A must read for business leaders and managers in today's global competitive marketplace where teamwork and decision making is so critical to success . (William G. Parrett, former CEO, Deloitte). About the Book: The foundation of our managers' philosophy relies on one main, undeniable point: a manager's number-one priority is to deliver results . (Denny F. Strigl). Are you delivering? For managers, behavior is the real key to achievement. In order to stop struggling and start delivering, you need to close the gap between what you kw and what you do. That's been Denny Strigl's method, and w it can be yours, too. Among the most prominent architects of the wireless communications industry, the former Verizon Wireless president and CEO has had one of the most remarkable careers in modern business. In Managers, Can You Hear Me Now?, Strigl shares all the skills and techniques he used to build Verizon into one of the greatest growth companies in any industry. You'll learn how to: create a corporate culture where trust, respect, and integrity flourish - and employees and customers alike are appropriately served; 'eliminate the fluff', get focused, and stop wasting time on things that don't matter; address issues proactively before they become problems - even employee performance issues; get past your 'blind spots', reinforce priorities consistently, and communicate with clarity; and, master the Four Fundamentals of Management: growing revenue, getting new customers, keeping the customers you already have, and eliminating costs. Managers, Can You Hear Me Now? includes additional suggestions for bringing the best of your energy and passion into your work, helpful anecdotes from Strigl's career, simple self-assessment questions, and even a look at how your business day as a successful manager should play out. Whether you're the CEO of a large corporation or run your own small business, the lessons from Managers, Can You Hear Me Now? are sure to come through - loud and clear.
- Author BiographyDenny F. Strigl, former president and CEO of Verizon Wireless, spent four decades in the telecommunications industry. He serves on the board of directors of the Eastman Kodak Company, PNC Financial Services and PNC Bank, and Anadigics, Inc. Frank Swiatek is a performance consultant and speaker who has had more than 3,400 speaking engagements and seminars and has worked for more than 25 Fortune 500 companies, including Verizon Wireless.
- Author(s)Denny F. Strigl,Frank Swiatek
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine19 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.