Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.03
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.31
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.22
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.19
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $13.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn Managers, Not MBAs, Henry Mintzberg offers a sweeping critique of how managers are educated and how management, as a result, is practiced, making thoughtful--and controversial--recommendations for reforming both. Management, Mintzberg writes, is a practice that blends a great deal of craft (experience) with a certain amount of art (insight) and some science (analysis). Because conventional MBA programs are designed almost exclusively for young people with little managerial experience, and hence little art and craft to draw upon, the programs overemphasize science, in the form of analysis and technique. Graduates leave with a distorted impression that management consists entirely of applying formulas to situations, which has had a corrupting, dehumanizing effect t just on the practice of management but also on our organizations and our social institutions. Turning to how managers should be developed, Mintzberg describes a set of invative programs designed to address these shortcomings: the International Masters in Practicing Management (IMPM). Finally, he outlines how business schools can transform themselves to become true schools of management. Managers, Not MBAs presents the kind of bold, icoclastic thinking readers have come to expect from the man Fast Company magazine called one of the most original minds in management.
- Author BiographyHenry Mintzberg is Cleghorn Professor of Management Studies at McGill University in Montreal and the winner of awards from the most prestigious academic and practitioner institutions in management, including Harvard Business Review, Academy of Management, Association of Management Consulting Firms, and others.
- Author(s)Henry Mintzberg
- PublisherBlackstone Audiobooks
- Date of Publication13/03/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlackstone Audiobooks
- Weight386 g
- Width127 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Read byJoe Barrett
- Contained items statement15 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1025
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.