All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDemonstrating the law's impact on daily business decisions and long-term strategies, Bagley's MANAGERS AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT: STRATEGIES FOR THE 21ST CENTURY, 8E equips you with the legal kwledge and risk management techniques essential for success as a business manager. Rewned for its cutting-edge coverage and strategic approach, this book offers one of the most comprehensive yet easy-to-understand presentations of today's global legal environment of business. In-depth cases help you sharpen your critical thinking skills, and A Manager's Dilemma feature challenges you to consider such issues as whether to outsource labor to a country kwn for poor working conditions and the ethics of structuring a business to avoid domestic taxes. Whether you have significant management experience or are studying business for the first time, you will learn how to use principles of law to minimize risk and create value, attain core business objectives, identify and resolve legal issues, and effectively handle legal disputes. Up-to-date coverage includes the regulation of commercial speech, the disclosure of corporate political spending, the application of the Fourth Amendment to cell phone location data, the patentability of human genes, employees' use of social media, regulatory responses to climate change, the fiduciary duties of managers of limited liability companies, the FCC's proposed rules on net neutrality, the constitutionality of Obamacare, the use of race in college admissions, the Defense of Marriage Act, NSA surveillance programs, the right of college football players to unionize, and more.
- Author BiographyHighly respected author, award-winning teacher, and popular professional presenter, Constance E. Bagley is a Senior Research Fellow at Yale Law School and was formerly Professor in the Practice of Law and Management at Yale School of Management. Before joining the Yale faculty, she was an Associate Professor at Harvard Business School, a Senior Lecturer in Law and Management at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business, and a corporate securities partner at Bingham McCutchen LLP. Dr. Bagley received Yale's Excellence in Teaching Awards in 2013 and 2009. A past president of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business, she is a recipient of its Senior Faculty Award of Excellence. In addition to multiple published articles, Dr. Bagley authored MANAGERS AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT: STRATEGIES FOR THE 21ST CENTURY 8E (Cengage, 2016) and WINNING LEGALLY: HOW MANAGERS CAN USE THE LAW TO CREATE VALUE, MARSHAL RESOURCES, AND MANAGE RISK (Harvard Business School Press, 2005). She has also contributed to numerous books, including THE OXFORD HANDBOOK ON DYNAMIC CAPABILITIES (David Teece, ed., Oxford University Press, 2016). She received her JD magna cum laude from Harvard Law School and her AB with Honors and Distinction from Stanford University. She received an honorary doctorate in economics from Lund University in Sweden in 2011. She is a member of the Bar of New York and of the Bar of California (inactive).
- Author(s)Constance E. Bagley
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1905 g
- Width224 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.