All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe original edition of this book made accessible to primary school teachers and student teachers the means of putting many of the Elton Report's findings into practice. The author's philosophy on behavior management still stands, but the ideas have been revised and updated to take account of more recent thought about good practice in primary education and the management of schools today. The book suggests tried and tested strategies for forestalling behavior problems through thoughtful class management and lesson planning; responding positively to behavior incidents; communicating positive expectations; and enhancing pupil motivation. There are useful checklists throughout and material for experienced staff as well as for students and newly qualified teachers.
- Author BiographyJim Docking, former Chairman of the School of Education, University of Surrey Roehampton. Michelle MacGrath runs a variety of courses on self-esteem, communication skills, anger, self-defence and classroom management.
- Author(s)Jim Docking,Michelle MacGrath
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Revised byMichelle MacGrath
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.