All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents nine invative methods to think outside the box and solve complex system problems. Managing Complex Systems provides specific tools and guidance needed to be a more creative and invative thinker. Following the author's methodology, the reader will be better able to devise and implement ntraditional solutions to seemingly intractable complex problems. By challenging the reader to think in new and creative ways, the book offers a road map to success, whether measured in terms of competitive advantage, greater market share, improved productivity, or higher profits, all based upon better solutions to difficult problems. The first four chapters set the foundation for creative thinking by exploring the nature of large scale systems and complexity, thinking inside and outside the box, and examples of how an inventive mind solves problems in both management and scientific domains. Subsequent chapters address nine focused methods that the author has formulated to help the reader think outside the box: broaden and generalize; crossover question; conventional wisdom; back of the envelope; expanding the dimensions; obversity; remove constraints; thinking with pictures; and systems approach. Real life examples are provided for each method that demonstrate how the approach enhances problem solving and decision making in system development and management. Following the discussion of the nine methods, the author examines group decision making as well as additional creative thinking procedures devised by other researchers, including references that assist in exploring these methods in greater detail. The author ends with a wrap up chapter that includes a test to help readers practice their tendencies toward creative thinking skills and action with respect to solving real world problems. The nine methods discussed in this book have broad applicability and can be used successfully by managers with a wide range of responsibilities in business and techlogy. For anyone who is tired of the same old approach with the same old results, this book is essential reading.
- Author BiographyHOWARD EISNER, DSc, has managed and carried out research and development programs in systems and software engineering for more than forty-five years, in both industrial and academic environments. He served as executive vice president of ORI, Inc. and vice president of Atlantic Research Corporation (ARC). Currently, he is Professor at The George Washington University. Dr. Eisner has given tutorials for INCOSE (International Council on Systems Engineering), has over 100 papers to his credit and has had many of his articles published in the Washington Business Journal.
- Author(s)Howard Eisner
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley Series in Systems Engineering and Management
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight473 g
- Width159 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.