All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRise above depression and build a positive future using mindfulness If you suffer from depression, you kw that it s t something you can simply snap yourself out of. Depression is a potentially debilitating condition that must be treated and managed with care, but t kwing where to turn for help can make an already difficult time feel even more harrowing. Thankfully, Managing Depression with Mindfulness For Dummies offers authoritative and sensitive guidance on using evidence based and NHS approved Mindfulness Based Interventions similar to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help empower you to rise above depression and discover a renewed sense of emotional wellbeing and happiness. The book offers cutting edge self-management mindfulness techniques which will help you make sense of your condition and teach you how to relate differently to negative thought patterns which so often contribute to low mood and depression. The World Health Organization predicts that more people will be affected by depression than any other health problem by the year 2030. While the statistics are staggering, they offer a small glimmer of hope: you aren t alone. As we continue to learn more about how depression works and how it can be treated, the practice of mindfulness proves to be an effective tool for alleviating stress, anxiety, depression, low self esteem, and insomnia. With the tips and guidance offered inside, you ll learn how to apply the practice of mindfulness to ease your symptoms of depression and get your life back. * Heal and recover from depression mindfully * Understand the relationship between thinking, feeling, mood, and depression * Reduce your depression with effective mindfulness practices * Implement positive changes and prevent relapse Whether you are struggling with low mood or simply wish to learn mindfulness as a way of enriching your life, Managing Depression with Mindfulness For Dummies serves as a beacon of light and hope on your journey to rediscovering your sense of wellbeing, joy and happiness.
- Author BiographyRobert Gebka, a former Zen Buddhist monk, is a mindfulness trainer and executive director of the Dorset Mindfulness Centre. He works in mental health for Dorset HealthCare NHS Foundation Trust and teaches Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses to the general public as well as business organisations. Robert is also a member of the National Counselling Society as well as the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science.
- Author(s)Robert Gebka
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication04/03/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width143 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.