Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe ultimate guide to electronic records management, featuring a collaboration of expert practitioners including over 400 cited references documenting today's global trends, standards, and best practices Nearly all business records created today are electronic, and are increasing in number at breathtaking rates, yet most organizations do t have the policies and techlogies in place to effectively organize, search, protect, preserve, and produce these records. Authored by an internationally recognized expert on e-records in collaboration with leading subject matter experts worldwide, this authoritative text addresses the widest range of in-depth e-records topics available in a single volume. Using guidance from information governance (IG) principles, the book covers methods and best practices for everything from new e-records inventorying techniques and retention schedule development, to taxomy design, business process improvement, managing vital records, and long term digital preservation. It goes further to include international standards and metadata considerations and then on to proven project planning, system procurement, and implementation methodologies. Managing Electronic Records is filled with current, critical information on e-records management methods, emerging best practices, and key techlogies. * Thoroughly introduces the fundamentals of electronic records management * Explains the use of ARMA's Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles (GARP(R)) * Distills e-records best practices for email, social media, and cloud computing * Reveals the latest techniques for e-records inventorying and retention scheduling * Covers MS SharePoint governance planning for e-records including policy guidelines * Demonstrates how to optimally apply business process improvement techniques * Makes clear how to implement e-document security strategies and techlogies * Fully presents and discusses long term digital preservation strategies and standards Managing e-records is a critical area, especially for those organizations faced with increasing regulatory compliance requirements, greater litigation demands, and tightened internal governance. Timely and relevant, Managing Electronic Records reveals step-by-step guidance for organizing, managing, protecting, and preserving electronic records.
- Author BiographyROBERT F. SMALLWOOD is a Partner and Executive Director of the E-Records Institute at IMERGE Consulting. With more than twenty-five years' experience in the field, Mr. Smallwood is one of the most published and respected authorities on e-records and document management. His clients include major corporations, as well as government agencies at all levels.
- Author(s)Robert F. Smallwood
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleWiley CIO
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight896 g
- Width183 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Foreword byRobert F. Williams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.