All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the risks and opportunities that arise in Emerging Asia given the context of a new environment in global liquidity and capital flows. It elaborates on the need to ensure financial and overall ecomic stability in the region through improved financial regulation and other policy measures to minimize the emergent risks. Managing Elevated Risk: Global Liquidity, Capital Flows, and Macroprudential Policy-An Asian Perspective also explores the range of policy options that may be deployed to address the impact of global liquidity on domestic financial and socio-ecomic conditions including income inequality. The book is primarily aimed at policy makers, financial market regulators and supervisory agencies to help them improve national regulatory systems and to promote harmonization of national regulations and practices in line with global standards. Scholars and researchers will also gain important information and kwledge about the overall impacts of changing global liquidity from the book.
- Author BiographyIwan Azis has been teaching at Cornell University since 1992. He was also Director of Graduate Study at the Regional Science Program and adjunct professor at the Johnson Graduate School of Management before he took a leave to head the Asian Development Bank's Office of Regional Economic Integration (OREI). His main research interest is on macro-financial economics and regional economic modeling. He obtained his Bachelor in economics from the University of Indonesia (1976); Ph.D (1982) and Master's degree (1981) in Regional Science and Economics from Cornell University. Hyun Song Shin took up the position of Economic Adviser and Head of Research at the BIS on 1 May 2014. Before joining the BIS, Mr. Shin was the Hughes-Rogers Professor of Economics at Princeton University. In 2010, on leave from Princeton, he served as Senior Adviser to the Korean president, taking a leading role in formulating financial stability policy in Korea and developing the agenda for the G20 during Korea's presidency. From 2000 to 2005, he was Professor of Finance at the London School of Economics. He holds a DPhil and MPhil in Economics from Oxford University (Nuffield College) and a BA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from the same university.
- Author(s)Hyun Song Shin,Iwan J. Azis
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication12/12/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note69 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight369 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.