All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe insider's guide to charitable organizations for dors and their advisors Do you kw when to use a private foundation, a dor-advised fund, or a charitable remainder trust or other charitable vehicle? Do you kw the different tax benefits, limitations, and control rules for each alternative? Do you have an appropriate investment policy for your endowed charities? Do you have a rubric for avoiding fraud? Do you kw what to look for to make sure that your charitable donations don't do the opposite of what you intend? In Managing Foundations and Charitable Trusts, Roger D. Silk and James W. Lintott provide a comprehensive guide for charitable dors and their advisers. Additional topics include: * Foundation Governance * When to seek additional professional help * When and how to turn a CRT interest into cash * Key tax issues * Creating a legacy * Why tax planning is so difficult, and how to approach it Straightforward and authoritative, Managing Foundations and Charitable Trusts is a handy, easy-to-read guide that all dors and their advisors will want to keep on hand.
- Author BiographyRoger D. Silk, CEO of Sterling Foundation Management, is widely recognized as a leading expert in the field of private foundations and charitable trusts. As a founder and board member of several nonprofit organizations, former bond trader at the World Bank, and Stanford-trained PhD economist, Dr. Silk possesses a unique blend of experience, practical knowledge, and theoretical insight that has enabled him to help build Sterling Foundation Management into the market leader that it is today. James W. Lintott is Chairman of Sterling Foundation Management and a board member of Dean and Deluca and several private investment companies. He has over two decades of experience working with wealthy individuals and families. In addition, Mr. Lintott serves on the boards of a number of nationally recognized charities, including the Freer/Sackler Galleries of the Smithsonian Institution, the U.S.-Japan Foundation, and Best Buddies International.
- Author(s)Andrew R. Stephens,Christine M. Silk,James W. Lintott,Roger D. Silk
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleBloomberg Financial
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight516 g
- Width167 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.