Managing Human Behavior in Public and Nonprofit Organizations by Maria P. Aristigueta, Janet V. Denhardt, Robert B. Denhardt (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $158.70+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe only text in management and organizational behavior to focus on public organizations, nprofit organizations, and school systemsthis book fosters competency in critical management and leadership skills including communication, motivation, teamwork, group dynamics, and decision making. Cases, self-assessment exercises, simulations, and evaluative instruments provide students the opportunity to experience the applied side of theories and to learn both cognitively and experientially. The Third Edition covers recent developments in the field including the emergence of 'positive organizational behavior.' New to the Third Edition - Includes substantial new coverage of leadership and change, offering insights from new research on positive organizational change, appreciative inquiry, and large-systems change - Provides new material on many contemporary topics such as creativity and design thinking, performance management and evidence-based management, communications techlogies, and conflict resolution - Extends the discussions on diversity to include both cross-cultural diversity and generational diversity issues.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Denhardt is Professor and Director of Leadership Programs in the Sol Price School of Public Policy at the University of Southern California, Regents Professor Emeritus in the School of Public Affairs at Arizona State University, and Distinguished Visiting Scholar at the University of Delaware. Dr. Denhardt is a past president of the American Society for Public Administration and a member of the National Academy of Public Administration. Dr. Denhardt has published 22 books, including Managing Human Behavior in Public and Nonprofit Organizations, The Dance of Leadership, Theories of Public Organization, Public Administration: An Action Orientation, In the Shadow of Organization, and The Pursuit of Significance. Janet V. Denhardt is the Chester A. Newland Professor of Public Administration and Director of the Price School Sacramento in the Sol Price School of Public Policy at the University of Southern California. She is a member of the National Academy of Public Administration and her teaching and research interests focus on organization theory, organizational behavior, and leadership. She has authored numerous books including Managing Human Behavior in Public and Nonprofit Organizations, The Dance of Leadership, The New Public Service, and Street-Level Leadership: Discretion and Legitimacy in Front-Line Public Service. Prior to joining the faculty at the University of Southern California, Dr. Denhardt taught at Arizona State University and at Eastern Washington University, and she has served in a variety of administrative and consulting positions. Maria P. Aristigueta is the Charles P. Messick Professor, Director of the School of Public Policy and Administration, and Policy Fellow in the Institute of Public Administration at the University of Delaware. Her teaching and research interests are primarily in the areas of public sector management and include performance measurement, strategic planning, civil society, and organizational behavior. She is a coauthor of Managing Human Behavior in Public and Nonprofit Organizations (3rd edition), author of Managing for Results in State Government and Managing Behavior in Public and Non-Profit Organizations, and coeditor of the International Handbook of Practice-Based Performance Management.
- Author(s)Janet V. Denhardt,Maria P. Aristigueta,Robert B. Denhardt
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/05/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date01/11/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.