All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManaging Human Behavior in Public and Nonprofit Organizations helps you understand, manage, and influence the behaviour of others in the workplace. Taking an action-oriented approach the authors use real-world circumstances within public and n-profit organisations to illustrate key concepts. Important topics such as stress, decision making, motivation, leadership, communication, teams, and change give you a foundational understanding of the basic issues that affect human behaviour. In addition to new cases and examples from the public and n-profit sectors, this edition features new material on leadership and organisational change, cultural diversity and generational diversity, and positive organisational behaviour. NEW TO THIS EDITION: * New material on leadership and organisational change build your critical management and leadership skills, so you can act effectively and responsibly under real -world pressures * Expanded coverage of cultural diversity helps you understand, communicate with, and effectively interact with people across cultures, as well as work with varying cultural beliefs and schedules * Expanded coverage of positive organisational behaviour includes the latest research and findings that demonstrate the successful implementation of positive psychology in the workplace * New cases, examples, self-assessments, and exercises bring concepts to life with relevant ways to practice and improve your management skills. A companion website will be available for lecturers at study.sagepub.com/denhardt4e featuring additional teaching resources.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Denhardt is Professor and Director of Leadership Programs in the Sol Price School of Public Policy at the University of Southern California, Regents Professor Emeritus in the School of Public Affairs at Arizona State University, and Distinguished Visiting Scholar at the University of Delaware. Dr. Denhardt is a past president of the American Society for Public Administration and a member of the National Academy of Public Administration. Dr. Denhardt has published 22 books, including Managing Human Behavior in Public and Nonprofit Organizations, The Dance of Leadership, Theories of Public Organization, Public Administration: An Action Orientation, In the Shadow of Organization, and The Pursuit of Significance. Janet V. Denhardt is the Chester A. Newland Professor of Public Administration and Director of the Price School Sacramento in the Sol Price School of Public Policy at the University of Southern California. She is a member of the National Academy of Public Administration and her teaching and research interests focus on organization theory, organizational behavior, and leadership. She has authored numerous books including Managing Human Behavior in Public and Nonprofit Organizations, The Dance of Leadership, The New Public Service, and Street-Level Leadership: Discretion and Legitimacy in Front-Line Public Service. Prior to joining the faculty at the University of Southern California, Dr. Denhardt taught at Arizona State University and at Eastern Washington University, and she has served in a variety of administrative and consulting positions. Maria P. Aristigueta is the Charles P. Messick Professor, Director of the School of Public Policy and Administration, and Policy Fellow in the Institute of Public Administration at the University of Delaware. Her teaching and research interests are primarily in the areas of public sector management and include performance measurement, strategic planning, civil society, and organizational behavior. She is a coauthor of Managing Human Behavior in Public and Nonprofit Organizations (3rd edition), author of Managing for Results in State Government and Managing Behavior in Public and Non-Profit Organizations, and coeditor of the International Handbook of Practice-Based Performance Management.
- Author(s)Janet V. Denhardt,Maria P. Aristigueta,Robert B. Denhardt
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.