All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionFailure of an IT system often stems from poor management of requirements throughout the system life cycle. Properly defining and implementing requirements from the beginning is key to completing IT projects better, faster, and at less cost. Managing IT Systems Requirements provides practical guidelines for successfully writing, defining, analyzing, and managing IT systems requirements. This comprehensive book provides a thorough understanding of the requirements management process, extensive coverage of managing and analyzing requirements, useful management and analysis tools, and industry-proven techniques and best practices for requirements elicitation, specification, verification and validation, and control. It helps you learn how to: identify new roles for customers, users, stakeholders, analysts, and system developers in defining and understanding requirements; gather and organize user needs and translate them into a structure to be automated; apply a framework for defining, analyzing, and managing systems requirements; integrate requirements testing at each phase of system development; communicate systems requirements to inform and empower team members and reduce risk of errors; and, manage requirements throughout the system life cycle. Features of this comprehensive handbook includes: real-world practical examples and case studies; exercises and checklists to reinforce learning; extensive coverage of available tools for managing and analyzing requirements; guidelines for writing correct and testable requirements; techniques and best practices for requirements elicitation, specification, verification and validation, and control; guidelines for IT system integration - software, hardware, and telecommunication; and, requirements model, prototyping, and related CASE tools.
- Author BiographyJag Sodhi, MS, is a professor associated with the Defense Acquisition University. He has 32 years of experience as a well-known author, software developer, consultant, instructor, and project manager for defense products and commercial business applications. He has been a computer specialist and project manager and a member of DOD's advanced technology team. He specializes in the best commercial practices and COTS tools for systems development and maintenance. Prince Sodhi is a project manager for Blackstone Technology Group. He is an expert in project management, several programming languages, and distributed computing applications in multiple-tier, client-server environments. He is co-author with Jag Sodhi of Software Reuse: Domain Analysis and Design Process and Object-Oriented Methods for Software Development, published by McGraw-Hill, and IT Project Management Handbook, published by Management Concepts, Inc. He has a bachelor's degree in computer/mathematics from the University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Jag Sodhi,Prince Sodhi
- PublisherManagement Concepts, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationVienna
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManagement Concepts, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight779 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.