Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn the kwledge ecomy, professionals have to make decisions about n-tangible, n-monetary, and largely invisible resources. Information professionals need to understand the potential uses, contributions, value, structure, and creation of broadly intangible intellectual capital in libraries. In order to fully realize intellectual capital in libraries, new practices and skills are required for library management practitioners and researchers. Managing Intellectual Capital in Libraries provides research advances, guidelines, methods and techniques for managing intellectual capital in a library environment, and includes analyses and case studies. This book includes a foreword by Anne Woodsworth and is structured into seven chapters, covering: libraries in the kwledge ecomy; worlds of production and intellectual capital utilization in libraries; identifying and categorizing intellectual capital; measuring libraries' intellectual capital; financial valuation and reporting of intellectual capital in libraries; and survival analysis for libraries' intellectual capital resources. The book concludes with a summary, and turns the reader towards future research.
- Author BiographyPetros A. Kostagiolas lectures in information services management at the Department of Archive and Library Science, Ionian University, Greece. He researches and teaches library management, quality and reliability management, and research methodology, and holds a Ph.D. from the University of Birmingham, UK. Petros has been a co-author of three other books, has published in international journals, and is a regular speaker at conferences.
- Author(s)Petros Kostagiolas
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication23/02/2012
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.