All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides rich insight into the nature and practice of media management. Contributions assess the degree to which management of media firms requires a unique set of skills, highlighting similarities and differences of media firms compared with other industries in terms of management practices, HR development and operational aspects. Success and limitations of research on media management theory is evaluated, both drawing on management theory and examining insights from other disciplines. Dimensions for future research are considered along with practical implications for media managers and corporate structures. The book serves as a valuable reference for researchers, advanced students and practitioners in media industries.
- Author BiographyGregory Ferrell Lowe (Ph.D. 1992, University of Texas at Austin) is Professor of Media Management at the University of Tampere in Finland (2009 - 2017). He previously worked ten years as Senior Advisor to the executive management board of the Finnish national broadcasting company, Ylesiradio, in Corporate Strategy and Development (1997 - 2007) and as the Head of Yle Programme Development (2002-2005). He is the founder of the RIPE initiative for development in public service media and President of the European Media Management Education Association (EMMA). He is an editorial board member for various journals, including the International Journal on Media Management. Charles Brown is the creator and leader of the University of Westminster's Masters in Media Management, which has been running since 2005. He has also led the development of the University's new Masters in Global Media Business, a collaboration with the Communication University of China, to be delivered in both China and the UK. Charles Brown has been a media consultant and journalist for over 25 years and has worked with a wide range of media organisations in North America and Europe, advising on the development of strategy and contributing to the creation of digital products and services. Companies he has worked include the BBC, Home Box Office, Warner Home Video, Sanctuary Records, the Guardian, the Scotsman, the Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television, the European Commission and the Department of Trade and Industry. His research interests include emerging digital business models, the development of digital products and services, new aggregation and distribution techniques, regulation and policy, media economics and evolving approaches to the preservation and promotion of public interest and public service values in the media and content industries. Charles Brown is a former president of EMMA.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleMedia Business and Innovation
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight748 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byCharles Brown,Gregory Ferrell Lowe
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.