All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the security officers I have spoken to who have changed jobs complain about he same thing: supervisors who do t kw how to supervise, leaders who do t lead, and managers who cant manage. The biggest sin in law enforcement seems to be micromanagement. Why can we give these guards badges and guns, but refuse to trust them? Why is training a punishment or reward, but t a requirement? Why do we do such a poor job as leaders and managers?
- Author BiographyMichael Weissberg began his career as an educator in 1988. A graduate of the University of Miami, Weissberg holds master's degrees in education, criminal justice and psychology. Professor Weissberg has taught on the undergraduate level at Miami Dade College, St. Thomas University, and Florida International University, and graduate school at Nova Southeastern University. Weissberg has served as a police officer, police armorer, police firearms instructor, administrative officer, crime scene investigator, police detective, and a police sergeant, and acting lieutenant. In the private investigations and security industry he has served as an instructor, investigator, assistant chief, Vice President for Operations, and director. Michael Weissberg has black belts and a school license granted by martial arts Grandmaster Bram Frank, and serves as director of education for Grandmaster Frank's martial arts organization, CSSD-SC; Master Weissberg's first black belt was countersigned by three other grandmasters. Michael Weissberg wrote for several national magazines, holding the positions of editor, senior editor, and editor-in-chief. Weissberg was a staff writer for seven different police and firearms magazines, and published hundred of photos and articles, including juried and peer-reviewed journals, and is the author of fifteen books.
- Author(s)Michael W Weissberg
- Date of Publication05/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.