All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday's firms are increasingly embedded in networks of alliances and other ties that influence their behavior and performance. In this, his first book on the subject, Ranjay Gulati examines the 'network resources' that arise from these ties, how successful firms manage these, and how they influence strategy, access to material resources, and perceptions of a firm's legitimacy held by key external parties such as investors and banks. The book synthesises Gulati's influential work on network dynamics from the last fifteen years, and presents the key findings from this extensive body of research. Gulati's insights are important for scholars, students, and practitioners interested in the behavior of firms in an increasingly networked ecomy. Ranjay Gulati is one of the leading theorists and researchers studying alliances and networks, and has written widely on the subject. His work has been published in leading academic journals such as Administrative Science Quarterly, and in the Harvard Business Review.
- Author BiographyRanjay Gulati is the Michael L. Nemmers Distinguished Professor of Strategy and Organizations at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. He has spent the last 15 years studying the network dynamics associated with the formation of interfirm strategic alliances, and has been published in leading journals such as American Journal of Sociology, Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, and Harvard Business Review. He is the past-President of the Business Policy and Strategy Division at the Academy of Management, and was recently ranked as among the top 10 most cited scholars in Economics and Business over the last 10 years by ISI-Incite. The Economist Intelligence Unit recently listed him as among the top handful of business school scholars whose work is most relevant to management practice.
- Author(s)Ranjay Gulati
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notetables and figures
- Weight517 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.