Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $103.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past 16 years, new theories and models have emerged in the stress and anxiety kwledge base regarding the unique forms associated with performance. Existing theories have been applied in creative and helpful ways to better explicate relationships between stress and anxiety with performance. Recently, more sophisticated statistical strategies have been applied to data collected with performers, and additional, safe and expedient strategies for managing stress and anxiety have surfaced. Despite these new advances, the field has been lacking an up-to-date and practical text for undergraduate and graduate students in performing or performance-mentoring programs. Managing Performance Stress examines psychological and psychophysiological models and theories that explain causes of anxiety and stress. An easy-to-use reference work for athletes, musicians, dancers and actors as well as those who devise and conduct their training programs, the book presents exercises, coaching devices, and strategies for conquering stress and anxiety. It is an invaluable resource for those who are performers, will be performers, or who are preparing to mentor, coach or teach performers. The principles enunciated in Managing Performance Stress apply equally to the musician holding an oboe and the athlete holding a baseball bat. The issues explored and the theories, principles, models, hypotheses discussed all bear upon and clarify arousal, stress and anxiety related to artistic and sport performance, irrespective of its kind.
- Author BiographyDavid Pargman, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Educational Psychology at Florida State University. Prior to his thirty-one years of service at FSU, he taught on the faculty at Boston University and the City College of New York. Dr. Pargman is a member of the American Psychological Association, International Association of Applied Psychology, the North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity, and a Fellow of the Association for the Advancement of Applied Sport Psychology and the American College of Sports Medicine. He is also a Certified Sport Psychology Consultant, the Association for the Advancement of Applied Sport Psychology. Dr. Pargman has taught, advised, or counseled hundreds of individuals in various performance domains.
- Author(s)David Pargman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.